Originally, EditableGrid was a component developed for Hiflow Suite. Thereafter, we decided to factorize it into an external library. We think that this tool can be useful in other web projects. This is why we chose to publish it under the MIT Licence. We use Open Source software everyday and we wanted to offer our small contribution. If you use EditableGrid, feel free to tell us. The best motivation is to know that our work is used and appreciated.
Load data from XML, JSON (URL or string) or attach to an existing HTML table.
Sort columns accordingly to their types, by clicking on the column header
Filtering of the grid.
Full client-side or server-side pagination
Each column is typed (string, integer, double, boolean, url, email, date).
Edit cells with a suitable editor, according to the column type (eg. checkbox for boolean).
Easily customized formatting for numeric columns (unit, precision, thousands separator, decimal point, NaN symbol)
Built-in validators for columns of type integer, double, url, email and date
Grid state saved and restored using localStorage
- Possibility to plug your own cell renderers, editors and validators
- PHP binding: build your grid in PHP and let it generate the XML file
- Insert and remove rows
- Support for option groups in columns with enumerated values
- Open Flash Chart integration: render bar and pie charts from the grid data (follows when editing, sorting and filtering)
- Stand-alone: no dependencies are needed
- Automatic support for jQuery UI date pickers if jQuery UI is detected
- Support for jQuery autocomplete inputs (through an extension)
- Callbacks for all events: load, edition, sorting, etc.